What’s coming in X-Info Connect and X-Info WebConnect v6.0?
X-Info Connect and WebConnect v6.0 development is nearing completion which includes the much anticipated Map Activity component.
The map component provides a simplified approach to viewing and updating data, by displaying the data relevant to Users in a map.
A map enables you to communicate tasks and outcomes clearly in an engaging way
What is a Map in X-Info Connect?
A Map is made up of Layers which are shown in a Map Display. These layers include:
- Internal Data – stored as geometry fields in X-Info Connect
- External Data – spatial data from external data connections
- Geocoder – Open Street Maps or other licenced datasets enabling street address searching.
What can a Map provide?
- Street Address search – search for any street address
- Layer searches – search for data on any of the layers in a map.
- Displaying spatial data and different layers in a map
- Querying data to find more information about features in a map, including measuring distance and area
- Searching data and displaying features in a map
- Updating data – this includes adding and editing spatial data and data associated to the features in a map.
Where is a Map used?
In X-Info WebConnect 6.0, a Map is used for Activities. These work the same as Activities in the current release version but data is displayed in a Map.