The volume of data businesses handle each year increases substantially as the business expands. It is critical therefore that the data is managed effectively and efficiently. Five data considerations are highlighted below:
- Good data should make it easy for your staff to identify and complete their daily assigned and ad-hoc tasks on any device.
- Decide what data you need to retain and how you intend to use it. For instance, how is the data going to help or improve your business processes and your bottom line?
- Collect data in a standardised format. Present staff with categories to guide their answers. A tick in a box is much easier to process, record and use than a typed word or phrase.
- Streamlining the business process from point of capture to storage. What is the final destination and what rules, processes, systems will you need to put in place to automate the delivery?
- Collecting data in line with privacy regulations. Consent is the most important factor in harvesting and retaining data.
If the issues above sound challenging or other data capture software problems make you feel like you can’t locate “X” on the map, give us a call. We can help.